IEEE WPT Student Design Competition in the framework of WPW2022 which will be held in Bordeaux (France) on July 4-9, 2022 it is now opened the call for proposal for a student design competition. Please engage your students to team up and participate to this competition, we are still open to receive expression of interest.
- To encourage young generations to join the research and development of WPT (Wireless Power Transfer) technologies.
- To demonstrate the WPT capabilities for promoting public acceptance and practical applications of WPT systems.
- Teams can include undergraduate and/or postgraduate students.
- High school students may also join in special cases.
- Staff members can only serve as advisors.
- The competition includes two separate stages. Teams may join one or both the stages.
- The first stage is to call for initial proposals, and the 2nd stage is to have an onsite competition with practical demonstrations at the annual IEEE WPW (Wireless Power Week), which is the largest event in the world for wireless power research. The inaugural competition is to be held on 6 July 2022 at WPW’22 in Bordeaux, France (https://wpt.ieee.org/wpw2022-call-for-papers/, http://www.wpw2022.org/).
A certificate from IEEE, plus a cash grant of US$1,000 to each of the chosen teams. Up to 10 teams will be awarded based on first stage proposals.
Detailed requirements and supports to the final competition (Stage 2) will be advised later.
- Expression of interest 01 Oct 2021
- Submission of the final proposal 15 Nov 2021
- Announcement of the awardees 01 Dec 2021
- A preliminary title of the proposal;
- A short team name, as well as the names, year of studies, and organizations of up to 5 members.